Monday, June 4, 2012

Cole Updates

We have been trying to do as much as we can to keep things fun for Cole.  He has been really patient about our new life with Miles here.  He adores him and helps me so so much!  There are times I have to lay Miles down for a nap, feed him, etc. and he has to wait to go outside and he is surprisingly very good about it! 

We did all go to an Indians game in early May when Chad had the week off.  It was a lot of fun.  He loves going and eating peanuts and cracker jacks (non dairy items) and barely watches the game, just wants to wrestle with Chad on the blanket in the lawn.  He has so much fun! 

His most favorite thing to do next to hanging out with Daddy is being with his cousins.  He loves them all...Mia, Drake, Ava, Audrey, Natalie, Drew, Ashlynn and Khloe.  They are all so cute together and play so well. They head to the basement and get into their own little world and we rarely hear from them.  I sure wish I could have grown up with my cousins near by and so glad my boys get to!  The pictures below are from the 'Touch a Truck' we went to with Mia and Drake.

We have started swimming lessons for Cole.  I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I did not want to do indoors if possible with the chlorine fumes for any of us, especially with Miles with us.  I knew from friends that private lessons always help them learn so much faster, but it was impossible to find any availability anywhere I called.  Our sweet neighbor that taught her own girls how to swim offered to teach Cole at our neighborhood pool.  This is really perfect for me with Miles and not having to drive somewhere and he gets a private lesson.  It was a rough start and we are still working on him trusting her in the water (today was day 3), but we had a breakthrough today and are very thankful!  I was wondering if I should just hold off until Chad and I got in with him more this summer and he was more used to the big pool, but after seeing his satisfaction after completing today's lesson (a few tears in the beginning), I am so glad we are sticking with the plan and letting him learn that scary things are not always as scary as they seem.  Also letting him get the thrill of accomplishment...he practically screamed at his little friend Reese..."I did my swimming lesson, today!"  That was worth it for both of us!  So we now have 2 smiley faces and 1 sad face on our swimming lesson chart!  He must be bribed and I am ok with this!  Working towards a toy of his choice (within a cheap budget) at the end of each week.

Speaking of bribing...I had do this with him for the dentist appointment this month, too.  He normally has a meltdown at the dentist.  So they needed x-rays this time, I knew because last time we could not get them because he was so upset.  My bribe is always the same and he loves it...he gets to pick out a toy at Target.  This keeps us all sane!  He is a lot like me when I was little, heck I am still like this... afraid of new things and the unknown.  I always had my sister do it first and if she survived then I would do it, too.  Poor Miles is just now old enough yet to go before him!  Haha!


Cutie cousins!


Driving the firetruck

Driving the steamroller

Swimming with Libby

Doing awesome at the dentist for his x-rays

No comments: