Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 4th!

We had a really low key 4th of July.  We usually do not have big plans.  Just a nice day off or two in the middle of the week.  I really appreciate being able to watch the fireworks with my guys.  I always seem to remember that 4th that I was on bedrest with Cole. Our family was over for a cookout and they watched the fireworks on the driveway and I was...on the couch. :(  So worth it and Cole and I hung in there almost another month, before he was born on August 1st. 

The last 2 years we have watched the Westfield fireworks that are set off from the Asa Bales park, across Meridian St. where everyone else seems to watch them.  There is a ton of space to park and watch from your car with no bugs.  They of course don't start until almost 10pm, so we get the boys bathed and head out in pj's.  This year we got some ice cream and snacks and just hang out in the front seat watching them.  It was so cute to see Miles face, seeing his first fireworks. They both loved it!


No comments: