Oh boy! I have been in denial about this day for years. Scared, sad and dreading it and it was here and I had to be brave just like he was. He did awesome and was so excited! It made it easy for me to be excited for him and push the sadness away. I am so thankful for God's favor and peace on that day. We could all feel him with us. We are so proud of this guy! He is becoming so courageous and doing new things and doing his best at whatever he is doing. He comes home with tons of stories, new songs he has learned, new friends and their names. He said there are lots of rules and the playground is kind of boring after awhile (he says this about some parks too.) Other than that he likes it for the most part. They have 'specials' everyday...PE, Music, Art, Library and Media and he loves these. He says he misses us and feels like the days are long. Chad asked him if he asks questions in class and he said..."Yes, I ask them is it time to go home, yet?" Full day Kindergarten is a bit long for him. Preschool was only 9-12pm. He will adjust but the day feel long to him. He gets up in a good mood everyday and loves riding the bus. He has a friend, Bennett from preschool and baseball in his class and he eats lunch with him and other boys from his class each day.
Overall his first week is way better than I could have ever imagined. Miles and I miss him a lot and I watch the clock most days. We spend most of our time doing something special for Cole for when he gets home. I remember feeling this way and doing things like this when I worked PT and was away from him. Just that feeling of missing him and doing something for him (i.e. getting his favorite snack, a shirt to wear to school, or whatever) makes you feel close to them. Silly I know, but it is an adjustment for Miles and I too. Cole has always been pretty attached to all of us, this boy loves his family, so we really are so proud of him. He is doing AWESOME!
So somehow we never got a picture of him getting on the bus. I think I was holding my breathe and taking a picture would have mean I had to think of something other than him climbing those 3 steps and me actually breathing. I will get one and post it but we did not get one the first day. LOVE THIS GUY and COULD NOT BE MORE PROUD OF HIM! He is my HEART!
No comments:
Post a Comment