Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Miles is 2 Months old and other updates

Our little guy is getting big. He has extra rolls on his legs that we laugh at because Cole never had these.  There is nothing better than a baby with rolls!!  He has quickly moved out of 1's and into 2 diapers and is on his last days in 0-3 months clothes and is already wearing some 3-6 months.
He is smiling, too (this started at 6 1/2 weeks)!! He watches his crazy big brother and Cole can get him settled down with a silly song in an instant.  This is so helpful when trying to get lunch ready or just anytime I need to do something.  Miles is holding his head up really well and likes tummy time for the most part.  He is just such a good baby!  Last night he slept from 10pm to 5:45am.  This is the longest stretch of sleep I have gotten in 8 weeks and I sure appreciated it!  In the last week he has been taking an afternoon nap, when Cole goes down about 1pm and will sleep 3 to 4 hours.  Morning napping is not as great just a 30 minute nap here and there but I think this may be why he sleeps so well at night and in the afternoons.  We'll take it, that is for sure!  We are really starting to get a routine during the week...the 3 of us while Daddy is at work.  I just love my days with these guys!

We took Miles to church for the first time at 7 weeks, they were having a praise and worship/cd release party!  We called it his "first concert".  He slept most of the time.

We also went to the zoo with Aunt Angie, Mia and Drake on Monday and had a lot of fun.
Cole got to skip his nap and it was worth it!!  It was such a nice day.  So now Miles has had his "first zoo trip", even though he again slept the whole time.  I am very thankful for this though as it might have been a different experience otherwise.

We have also enjoyed taking the boys for walks in the double stroller.  On nice evenings this has been a real relaxing treat for me.  I get to talk with Chad and Cole, and Miles loves riding.

I am very thankful for my family and surviving and truly enjoying these past 8 weeks.  While pregnant I was so fearful I would be a zombie and did not want this for my days with the boys and God has really taken care of us and given me a sweet baby boy that likes sleep as much as his Mom and Dad. 

Happy 2 Month Birthday, Miles!!





Miles before his first church concert


Miles snoozing at the concert

Cole and Grandpa fishing
            
                                                                    
St. Patrick's Day "Maholo"

Cutie cousins @ the zoo!

No comments: