I am really hoping to at least get monthly updates on our new little guy, but his 1 month appointment actually fell at about 6 weeks so I wanted to get his stats down. Here is his 6 week history so far...
At birth: 7lbs and 20 inches
At 4 days old: 6 lbs. 8oz. (12th percentile) & Height 20 inches (34th percentile)
At 9 days old: 6 lbs. 15oz. (14th percentile) & Height 20 inches (17th percentile)
At 6 weeks: 10lbs. 3oz. (43rd percentile) & Height 22.2 inches (57th percentile)
For those of you that love and know our sweet Cole...he has always been at 25% for weight and height consistently. He is a feistly little peanut. We are so thankful that Miles is growing and doing so well, we are just not used to having a child at almost the 50th percentiles. We'll see if he tapers to Cole stats over the next year or so.
Miles is still doing an awesome job sleeping. At his appointment we saw the nurse practitioner and she told me that unless he is awake with his eyes open then do not get him up at night to feed him. I have been getting him up when he starts grunting consistently and squirming around in his swaddle sleepsack...almost like he wishes he could get his hands out to put them in his mouth. She said this could mess up his sleep clock if I don't let him just wake up to eat. Ok. Noone has to tell me twice!
So last night Miles slept from about 10pm to 5am and really did not make much of a sound until 5am.
This is amazing too as he has a little bit of a congested nose from a head cold that Cole is fighting.
Then he went right back to sleep after eating from 6am to 9am! Thank you God for giving me this sweet angel and one wired to sleep at night. Daytime can be another story with him, he will either sleep for a few hours in the morning and then longer in the afternoon or somedays just 30 or 45 minute naps here and there. I will take the daytime as long as I can sleep at night!
He is still sleeping in our room. We kept Cole with us until he did not need to be swaddled anymore and could just sleep in a normal sleepsack. Miles is not there yet at 6 weeks and Cole wasn't either.
We try naps from time to time without his arms in but it never goes well. He still sleeps best with his arms in, even though he fights us when we tuck his arms in. I think Cole was around 12 weeks when we moved him to his crib. I cannot remember for sure! I know he consistently started sleeping through the night at 14 weeks. He was so much smaller than Miles thought too.
Here is Miles @ 6 Weeks
He is really close to smiling and sometimes we get side smiles, but not sure if that counts. He loves for us to talk to him and sing to him. His big brother can get him to calm down so fast when he sings to him. We love this little guy so much and still amazed everyday that he is ours and we have 2 awesome little guys! God is so good!
Like Cole tells people when he sees dogs or there is a show with dogs, "we choose to have a baby instead of a dog!" Lol. I guess he was listening for once when I gave this explanation on why we do not want or need a dog right now or maybe ever!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment