So whats been happening here, well...We have had a long last week with Miles having 3 full days and nights of a fever that just left him feeling terrible and not able to sleep or rest really well for almost a week. This all started on NYE where he and I saw the turn of the year as I was walking and rocking him throughout the house for almost 3 hours. This was just the start of the long week. Oh, I love my husband and how awesome he is to tag team and just be the best Dad ever. It took both of us as he only wanted to sleep on us. We felt so lucky when we could get him comfortable enough to sleep for a stint in the middle of us. Cole was great to play on his own (love this 4 1/2 year old guy) and just let us work with Miles. I felt bad, I made his lunch and set it out for him and got him a movie going and had to take Miles upstairs to rock in his room. Sometimes that was the only place he would settle down and sleep. Cole was a trooper and was also concerned about his little brother. Granna came by in the evening to give Cole some attention and play. They are both therapeutic for each other at times. So thankful for my mom! Dr. Jess came by at day 2 and did a home visit so we did not have to take him out because he was feeling just that bad. She adjusted Miles (and the rest of us) and gave us a homeopathic regimen to help with the congestion and fever and within 12 hours Miles fever was very low and then by the 24 hours mark he was fever free and doing a little crawling around. Fevers and ear infections are the worst and get me in a stressed out state, that is for sure. Then I am always drawn closer to God and just pray constantly. His peace and presence is what gets me through. So with all this being said, Miles slept his normal, up once to eat last night and then went right back down until 7:30am. Thanking God for the favor as Chad flew out this morning to Scottsdale and won't be home until late on Wednesday night. I could not have done last week alone. Looking forward to a few sleepovers this week with Granna (she is going to stay the night with us tonight and tomorrow night). We are feeling blessed and a little more rested today. Even though it is 16 outside, the sun is shining, my boys are laughing and playing together at my feet! We'll take it!
Here is our 11 month old sweetheart...finally fever free and pretty close to being back to his old self when we took this on Friday, January 4th.
His destruction work! That sweet face saves him.
Early birthday present from Poppy & Grandma Linda. We are ready for Spring to use this new pirate ship water table!!
Oh, how I love these guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment